Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:47:19 CEST 2007

Simple suggestion, I don't even known if it's feasible or not:

Why not having a simple website to track order status? Maybe it already
exists, don't know...
I type my name or email and password and see "my order has been received,
next step is billing"
It means keeping a very clear track of every order, with consumer feedback
when received.

This should give the possibility to have a simple line

Devices in stock: %d Shipped: %d Received: %d

Even if it's psychological sugar, it may help everyone to remember that we
are not left apart.

2007/8/7, Andy Powell <openmoko at automated.it>:

> On Tuesday 07 August 2007 08:27, Harald Welte wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I tried to stay out of this entire discussion (like most non-technical
> > discussions) for a long time.
> >
> > But I think there is just a big misconception of how and what at least
> > certain people percieve and what is actually going on.
>
> No offence Harald, but you seem to have missed the point of the
> complaints.
> It's not that people haven't received their Neo's it's that there has been
> virtually no communication from anyone with regard to general order
> status.
>
> People just want some sort of information or report on what is *generally*
> happening with regard to orders. Indeed, to paraphrase Michael J Fox,:
>
> "...They're so thirsty for it, they'll crawl through the desert toward a
> mirage and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.."
>
> It must have taken you 20 minutes to type your email and I don;t think you
> addressed any of the most basic questions people have asked.
>

> Andy

Sébastien LORQUET - 이세영 (李世榮)
Ingénieur ENSPG 2006 / ENSIMAG-ASI 2007