Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Justyn Butler justynbutler+openmoko at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:55:41 CEST 2007

Thanks Harald for explaining what it's like at OpenMoko HQ right now.

On 07/08/07, Andy Powell <openmoko at automated.it> wrote:

> No offence Harald, but you seem to have missed the point of the
> complaints.
> It's not that people haven't received their Neo's it's that there has been
> virtually no communication from anyone with regard to general order
> status.
>
> People just want some sort of information or report on what is *generally*
> happening with regard to orders. Indeed, to paraphrase Michael J Fox,:
>
> "...They're so thirsty for it, they'll crawl through the desert toward a
> mirage and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.."

I don't think it could be put better!

I don't think it's Harald's place though, as the system level architect, to
be keeping us updated on the overall scheme of things. I'd really appreciate
it if the Program Manager could keep the community more informed.

I'm not talking about one of Sean's long, eloquent and inspirational emails.
Just a few bullet points every few days so we're not totally in the dark,
desperately drinking sand.