Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 11:10:17 CEST 2007

Sébastien Lorquet <squalyl at gmail.com> wrote :

> Simple suggestion, I don&#39;t even known if it&#39;s feasible or not:Why not having a simple website to track order status?

Simply because it requires that all stages are computerised and requires interoperation between card merchant system, order system and packing/despatch.

The larger retailers will have such a system. They receive an order, the card payment is taken automatically, the order is assigned a barcode number and then displayed on a screen at the warehouse. At the warehouse they collect an item, stick a barcode on it, scan it at the despatch machine. Then they call a courier and type in the reference in your order.

A complex system which you would buy off the shelf more than likely and one that is designed for orders in thousands, not  the double figured FIC are probably used to.

---
G O Jones