VMWare-Image (again)

Rafa Couto rafacouto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:58:09 CEST 2007

> Is there now any working vmware image with all compilation-relevant files
> including the emulator downloadable?! Preferable with some demos? I just
> want to "start and begin coding" without having to set up the whole
> system...

There is QEmu images at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU .
QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer:
http://www.qemu.org/

The real advantage of QEmu over VMWare is QEmu can be updated to support
Neo1973 hardware (another Open Source feature :-). It is a work-in-progress
and when it's more mature it is going to be submitted for merging to the
main QEMU development tree...

--
Rafa Couto - http://caligari.treboada.net
GNU/Linux user #99126 - http://counter.li.org