[Mac OS X] Working dfu-util

Simon Moore simon at snmoore.net
Tue Aug 7 19:16:02 CEST 2007

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Great!
>
> Am 07.08.2007 um 11:45 schrieb Simon Moore:
>
>> I've managed to get dfu-util compiling and running natively (via
>> MacPorts) on Mac OS X, albeit with one patch (bug #672) and one dirty
>> little sed hack.
>
> Yes, I also had to patch two NULL pointer dereferences.
>
>> Hopefully this will work for others - let me know if you have success,
>> or improvements to suggest.
>>
>> I've documented all of this on the wiki, under my user area:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:SNMoore
>
> I have not compared in detail but it looks like the same steps I have done.

Yes, I suspect it is similar.

> Did you try OpenMoko Flasher which is a GUI wrapper around dfu-util and
> eliminates the manual compilation steps (and even to install MacPorts)?

Not yet. I'm just trying to get up to speed with both OS X and Openmoko,
GDB etc so starting from a shell and trying to identify a clean set of
dependencies. Little steps...

I've got an Ubuntu VMWare install, so I'm trying to see what I
can/cannot achieve in OS X vs Ubuntu.