User Interface idea

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 01:21:24 CEST 2007

On 14 Aug 2007, at 00:02, Jeff Andros wrote:

> um, do realize that we are working on a resource constrained
> system, and probably will be for the forseeable future... I don't
> see this as TOO much of a problem, as long as those apps unload
> most of themselves from memory when they're not running, and they
> spend almost all of their time sleeping... but watch out for that.
>
> We'll have to see what people can come up with for this before I
> run this on my system

Exactly why the iPhone is very responsive and Windows Mobile phones
aren't. Apple keeps things simple.

You need not worry about getting lost in applications if you have a
button hardwired to the home screen. Windows Mobile has this on the
smartphone edition, trouble is it's very fiddly to get back into any
application you've come out of.

Being able to see a list of what is open and being able to switch to
them is important for usability.