mailing list management

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Wed Aug 15 01:24:06 CEST 2007

> Best feature would be a Eliza bot in mailman that automagically goes
> through this discussion without bothering the subscribers to the list :)

Now that's the best contribution to this whole discussion.  Since no 12
developers will ever agree on subject line munging, top/bottom posting,
or any other bikeshed issue, a bot to redirect such discussions offline
and keep the poster(s) amused would be a Good Thing.

Extra points +42 if it can fool the participants into thinking that
their discussion is being foisted upon the entire list, but not actually
do so.

Failing that, we'll all have to put "mailing list management" in our
filter lists :-)