compile problem: OOM when compiling

Andreas Jellinghaus aj at ciphirelabs.com
Fri Aug 17 14:48:05 CEST 2007

When compiling busybox (from memory need to check) cc1 started eating > 900M
and soon my system was no longer useable. I tried this several times last
evening and this morning ("make update-makefile && make update && make setup
&& make openmoko-devel-image").

Does anyone see this problem too? my host os is ubuntu 7.04 ("feisty") on
x86_64.

will try again later, but with some ulimits to prevent this killing my
system (no idea what happened to the kernel oom handler, looks like cc1 was
never killed but the system totaly, could only hard power off the machine).

Regards, Andreas