WiFi vs. speaker

Mark Haury wolfmane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:03:30 CEST 2007

C'mon, guys, do you _really_ need that big hole right through the case?
Why don't you keep the stereo speakers and put the WiFi in that wasted
space instead???? It's not only a matter of stereo vs. mono, either --
you'll be halving the amount of sound output and perceived quality. From
what everybody has been saying, the current speaker setup is great, but
I think we'll all be underwhelmed if you go to a single speaker. If you
don't want to completely re-engineer the case, just add a little hole on
the seam for wires and add an insert module that will fill the hole and
house the Wi-Fi.

And please, please, please don't jump on the multi-touch bandwagon just
because Apple thinks it's cool. Every review I've seen says that it's
difficult to use and not at all what it's cracked up to be. On the other
hand, the current resistive touch screen on the Neo1973 will be usable
in the winter with heavy gloves on, and the iPhone is absolutely not. If
you can keep the resistive screen and add multi-touch, fine, but please
make it optional, not mandatory to learn in order to use the thing.