Forum? (Was Re: Neo Sound and USB Questions)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Tue Aug 21 11:19:57 CEST 2007

Am 21.08.2007 um 10:39 schrieb Harald Welte:

> Please don't bring up the forum debate again.
>
> We have heared all the arguments.
>
> We will not have a forum as long as I have any role in this project.
>
> All FOSS projects that I've ever been involved in 10+ years FOSS
> development use mailinglists, very efficiently, even lots of them.
>
> That's our official take on this.  Re-iterating this over and over
> again
> will just make everyone involed more upset, and everyone else
> annoyed by
> an even worse signal/noise ratio.

Harald,

please calm down. I know from your blog how upset you are from
setting up the new office location,
networks and servers during Taifun time.

But just one question to answer for yourself: do you want to have
community involvement or not?

Now as your network appears to work again, please focus on solving
kernel, uboot, etc. issues that we
as the "dumb users" can't solve ourselves. I am for example still
fighting the issue with short and long
rootfs flashing and NAND erasing, that leaves an inoperable OpenMoko
device (Bug # 719). Maybe,
it is not a software issue at all but just a documentation on what to
do differently? I simply got stuck with
my knowledge.

Best regards,
Nikolaus