compile problem: OOM when compiling

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Aug 22 15:07:02 CEST 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 20 sierpnia 2007, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer napisał:
> Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > When compiling busybox (from memory need to check) cc1 started eating
> > > 900M and soon my system was no longer useable.
>
> Busybox is a defconfig type buildsystem. Let me guess... it hangs
> during task do_configure, right?

No - it is not that rather. We did setup busybox build to get smallest
possible binaries and this make compiler to eat lot of memory.

> > Does anyone see this problem too? my host os is ubuntu 7.04
> > ("feisty") on x86_64.
>
> Our buildhost is x86_64, I have to use a custom uname (returning i686)
> and BUILD_ARCH = i686 in local.conf to make it build
> openmoko-devel-image.

Mickeyl - you are cheater when it comes to 64bit. From my experience only
Python has problems if build machine is 64bit and build for 32bit.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

         Real programmers don't document.
         If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.