mailing list management

Andre Schmidt andre at osku.de
Wed Aug 22 21:19:44 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 19:31 +0800, Harald Welte wrote:
> Dear Hank,
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 06:50:03AM -0400, hank williams wrote:
>
> > While I agree with your argument that no header is the standard for FOSS,
> > this is not the case for the reply to issue, which you did not address. As I
> > said earlier, the Apache groups (perhaps the largest FOSS umbrella) for
> > example, and many (most?) others do not have the default reply-to going to
> > the individual. Part of the reason for this is that it is bad user interface
> > for the default behavior to be one that is used perhaps 1% of the time. Most
> > people generally want to reply to group. Your default should be the most
> > commonly accessed option which is why your design decision on this matter is
> > not only not standard, but is, I believe, the minority design, even in the
> > FOSS community.
>
> I'm not opposed to changing the reply-to for community, if you want
> that.  In fact, I have now changed it.
>
> For all other lists I'm a bit less inclined to do it, but would be
> willing to change if there were many supporters of such a change.

Hello,

how do i now answer only to the poster ?
(only using one button/shortcut press)

as before i could use:

ctrl+l = reply to list
ctrl+r = reply to poster

and now both reply to the list...

and no! i _dont_ want to start a flamewar!
just wanted to ask if someone knows how to reply only the poster with
one click in evolution (or another linux email client, so i could
change)

mfg.
andre

ps. on a side note, when i do "reply all" it also sends only to list. i
newer did/do this, but was just wondering is it normal or just my
client ? (as with my logic it should answer to the "real" sender and the
list, no?)