RM Radio

Cailan Halliday chocolate.usa.chan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 02:11:52 CEST 2007

>> not really.  It's still somewhat of a strange conception to me why
>> peopel would be interested in listening to hours and hours of crappy
>> commercials interrupted with one or two (mostly crappy, too) songs in
>> between, if they have a choice to listen to their collection of .ogg
>> (and patent-encumbered .mp3) files.

>Plus, most of the good radio (for example NPR here in the US) is
>released in some sort of downloadable format anyway, so anymore I
>don't see much use for a FM receiver.

Local non-syndicated radio is awesome. I have some very good stations
in my area. The news is more relevant to my area than NPR, but NPR is
great for news around he world, and the people operating the stations
are people I see around my community. If radio is done right, it is by
no means outdated. I personally like listening to my local stations
because it exposes me to new music, half of which is local and the
commercials really aren't that bad when they are from local
businesses. That is my 2 cents, I would love to see a FM receiver.