Buying Openmoko GTA02 from Europe

Raphaël Jacquot sxpert at sxpert.org
Thu Aug 23 09:24:09 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 23 août 2007 à 08:58 +0200, Daniel Spies a écrit :

> 450USD are better than 500+ USD, and I would prefer a shop where I could
> bring my phone to, if there are reasons for warranty usage.
>
> Daniel (previously known as danimanns at gmx.de)

the main issue here are the following :

* using a courrier service for deliveries instead of the basic post
office service does 2 things :
	* the courrier service charges you about 4 times as much for the
	  same thing
	* using the courier service usually means you'll *always* pay
	  various import taxes (sometimes with the postal service, you
	  fall into cracks, which is always appreciated)
* for some reason, the various import taxes will render the device
(priced in USD) a lot more expensive.