Buying Openmoko GTA02 from Europe

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Thu Aug 23 13:53:09 CEST 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 13:27, Andy Loughran wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> My gut feeling was that Vodafone would probably be one of the last
> providers to support/distribute a linux-based 'open' phone given their
> reputation fro crippling devices with their own version of the software,
> none the less I also felt that the attempt was worth a shot - and
> hopefully he will see the potential of the device.

I'm not sure about that, the NEO may provide them with way more options to get
the phone just the way they want it than any other phone on the market. The
fact that a handfull of user will be installing there own unbranded software
on it may not concern them a that much, most user will simply stay with what
they get (unless its just too anoying off course).

AVee