FM Radio

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Thu Aug 23 15:18:43 CEST 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 14:38:02 Giles Jones wrote:

> I suggested TMC simply because we are unlikely to see an open source turn
> by turn routing system for the GPS in this device, so we could at least
> have an application which could alert you of potential traffic issues ahead
> (would be a case of determining if you progressing towards a hotspot and
> displaying an alert).

TMC is based on RDS. But it requires host based geographic information (it
broadcasts data related to "TMC points", which have to be known by the
receiver or nav software).

It would be really cool to have RDS on a portable FM tuner. However, I'm
afraid RDS requires very good signal quality, which may, or not, be reachable
using a mobile device.

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive