FM Radio

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:36:45 CEST 2007

Sounds fine.

I also thought later, some FM radio implementations seem to use the
headphone cable as an antenna, somehow (maybe they are just using the
shield of the cable, coupled capacitively as an antenna and through a
ferrite bead to ground?  just guessing).  So the module might need
such a connection, if that's the only practical way to do FM (I doubt
a tiny module with only a built-in antenna could get very good
reception).  For best reception it ought to be located as close as
possible to the headphone jack, with the antenna trace as direct as
possible.