Message duplicates (was: Changes between GTA1 and GTA2?)

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon Aug 27 11:56:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:06:53 +0200, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org>
wrote:

> It's actually a crashing spamassassin, which then causes the DATA
> section of an incoming SMTP transfer to time out, which again causes
> some sending email servers, such as gmail, who have a short timeout, to
> transfer the message again.
> And 'some mail admin' is unfortunately just me.

Hi Harald,
Could you please check whether spamassassin has crashed again?
The duplicate messages seem to have started once more.

A crude solution to make spamassassin restart if it crashes could be to
start it with a script, wrap the start command in a loop that can never
finish.  When spamassassin dies, the command will re-run...
Then you can find the reason it crashes later on when you have time.
(probably never ;o)

Thanks,

Richard.