Application idea: Bicycle computer

William Voorhees will.voorhees at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:49:33 CET 2007

I've looked into this quite a bit, if you'd like to integrate with a
HR Monitor/Cadience/Speed sensor the option that makes the most sense
is to use the ANT(thisisant.com) wireless protocol to interact with
any of the sensor made by garmin or suunto.Suunto produces a USB->Ant
interface called the Suunto PC Pod. I was able to get it to work in
linux using the documentation available on thisisant.com a basic proof
of concept (that reads the Heart Rate data) in linux is available
here:

http://code.google.com/p/suuntopcpod/

Since the Neo 1973 has USB Host, you could plug in the dongle and have
it working without a problem.

-Will