Development env *on* the neo?

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Wed Dec 5 03:13:15 CET 2007

Shawn Rutledge skrev:
> Yes all the ipkg's you need exist, but there isn't enough flash to
> install them all.  What I did is reformat a MicroSD card to ext2, cp
> -a /usr to the card, then modify /etc/fstab to automatically mount the
> card on /usr at boot.  Then install task-base-dev and whatever else
> you need.  The regular image is not modified much (since nearly all
> the new files are installed under /usr), so you can still run without
> that card, but if you have it mounted you have all the tools.

Thanks, exactly what I was hoping for. Is all in the default
repository's or did You have to hunt it down?

My plan was to mount the sd card as /dev and use 'ipkg -d /dev' to
install all dev related. But I'm not sure about all needed to tie it all
up (PATH, lsconfig etc).

Will try Your way insted, it's proven and I'm not really going to switch
sd-card (unless to get a bigger one, but that uncommon enough so a
little extra work is no problem).

Now off to flash 2007.11 and getting on to it.

Thanks again /LaH