2007.11 snapshot available

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Wed Dec 5 11:38:19 CET 2007

Wiadomość napisana w dniu Dec 5, 2007, o godz 10:14 AM, przez Thomas
Wood:

> On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 09:20 +0100, Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:
>>>

>> For me it's also finger-usable keyboard - just like the one in
>> Qtopia.
>> With that you can operate your phone without stylus (in most cases).
>
> Chris has worked on a multi-tap input method:
>
> http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/multitap-pad.enlighten

That's wonderful news! What I also like in Qtopia's keyboard is
ability to switch between number, symbol and letters keyboard by
moving you finger down or up on keyboard.

> Obviously T9 will not be implemented due to patent issues. I will ask
> him if the source is available anywhere.

T9 is not necessary important (i.e. I do not use english on my phone
so probably I would need to hack it to include polish T9 database). It
is useful in SMSes but not on writing URLs or console ;)

cayco