need a compatible provider in central U.S.

Jason Joines joines at okstate.edu
Fri Dec 7 19:19:38 CET 2007

     I've been successfully avoiding owning a cell phone for many years
but I can't avoid it any longer.  I plan to buy the GTA02a5 version of
the Neo1973 as soon as it comes out.  For the moment I thought I would
go ahead and get a plan and whatever freebie phone comes with it.
Anyone know of decent carriers what will work with the Neo1973, I guess
GSM, in north central Oklahoma in the U.S., particularly at longitude
W97.1, latitude N36.1?  I've been Googling and reading on the different
network types to figure out what GSM is and what the alternatives are
and if the Neo will use anything else but I'm mainly more confused than
when I started.  I am aware of the 850 MHz issue in North America so I
hope that's not a show stopper for me.

Jason Joines