Community update, Thursday, December 20 2007

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Dec 20 21:45:48 CET 2007

Hello,

GTA01 850MHz Experiment
-----------------------
As mentioned in the last update, we modified a couple of GTA01 handsets
for 850MHz operation to test them in the USA. Due to the enthusiastic
response I received to my request for testing volunteers I've asked our
hardware group to modify a few more phones. I don't know when, or even
if, they will be able to do this. Meanwhile, I'll be sending out the
units I have to the testers, along with a simple test plan.

GSM Firmware Update
-------------------
We are still waiting for the signed agreement allowing you to update the
GSM firmware yourselves. Meanwhile, we have resolved the difficulties I
was having in performing the upgrade, and I am now able to upgrade your
handsets. Anyone interested in having me do this should contact me at
michael at openmoko.org.

GTA01 Advanced Kit price reduction

We have dropped the price of the GTA01 Advanced Kit from $450 to $399.
I'm pretty sure that's effective immediately and should be reflected at
our web store right now.

The price of Base Kit remains the same.

Michael