new Qtopia image... Predictive keyboard not being predictive

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 05:07:46 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 3:09 AM, Krzysztof Kajkowski <cayco at poczta.cayco.pl> wrote:

> Wiadomość napisana w dniu Nov 29, 2007, o godz 2:25 AM, przez Lorn
> Potter:

> >> have gorilla hands and I'm not very accurate.
> >

> > This is why this keyboard is so awesome, IMHO. You do not have to be
> > stylus accurate to use it.
> >

> Lorn, maybe you should consider an option to turn off prediction?
> There are many users who will to use this keyboard but in non-english
> messages.

If you need to enter words that are not in the dictionary, hold your
finger over each key so that you get the magnifying popup. Then it
does not bother being predictive.

What you *actually* want is for people (probably not trolltech, too
much effort for too little overall gain) to develop dictionaries for
non-english languages, and have them posted somewhere obviously.

The predictive keyboard *is* lovely. It's the slickest part of my tech
life right now. I love the way you slide to other layouts
(small/caps/punctuation/numbers). It feels Appleish, even.

-Nick