Any alternative ideas to fullscreen popup-messages?

Bryan Fink bryan.fink at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 00:51:41 CET 2007

On 1/31/07, Tomasz Zielinski <tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/1/31, Bryan Fink <bryan.fink at gmail.com>:
>
> > I think the first time it pops up while I'm doing something else
> > ("Mickey calling. Answer/Ignore/Reject?" while I'm putting something
> > on my calendar), and I accidentally click one of the buttons, I'm
> > going to be very annoyed.  I'd also be annoyed if I had to deal with
> > the dialog before going back to whatever I was doing.
>
> Well, this is the cellular phone, so it's main goal is calling. If you
> don't want to, just turn off GSM subsystem. Popup window from other
> (not-focused) application could lock touchscreen for 0.5 sec like many
> phones do with keyboard, so no one taps wrong button by mistake.

Ugh.  0.5 sec feels like forever in UI time.  Especially if it happens
with any frequency.  But, I hear what you're saying.

Also, there's now way I'd turn off the GSM before doing something
else.  Turn off, do something, turn on is too much work, and too hard
to remember.  I want my phone to be snappy, quick to answer, and not
get in my way.

-Bryan