Tinymail on it?

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Thu Feb 1 01:56:33 CET 2007

I already asked it to some internal E-mail address, the reaction back
then was positive but no real certainties.

Is there interest from the OpenMoko team for bringing tinymail to the
device? (http://tinymail.org)

I've been reading the discussions about push e-mail, and that idea is
all nice and stuff. But you'll still need an actual client to display
the e-mails themselves.

Nevertheless am I of course interested in whatever the final decision on
push E-mail will be.

I read how people where suggesting to use the newer IMAP IDLE capability
for this. I would like to point out, however, that not yet all IMAP
servers support this. Nevertheless is support for IDLE being planned in
tinymail. (Condstore, STARTTLS and Binary are already implemented by the
way).

I very recently started playing a little bit with the SyncML API, and
since it's not very difficult to get something basic working I might
implement some support for this sooner or later too.

ps. I will be at FOSDEM so if you see me, feel free to ask me any
question about tinymail.

--
Philip Van Hoof, software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be