11 Lanuages :) Re: Wikipedia update

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Feb 1 13:11:41 CET 2007

Salve Sergio!

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007, Sergio Bessa wrote:

> OpenMoko in Portuguese
> http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMoko

Great!
I have also seen that we have a finish version new
as well! Was it your work, Janni-Matti?

So that makes 11 languages now :)))

Hey this is fun and shows how powerfull our community
already is - 11 languages strong!

[[da:OpenMoko]]
[[de:OpenMoko]]
[[en:OpenMoko]]
[[es:OpenMoko]]
[[fi:OpenMoko]]
[[fr:OpenMoko]]
[[it:Openmoko]]
[[nl:OpenMoko]]
[[pl:OpenMoko]]
[[pt:OpenMoko]]
[[ru:OpenMoko]]

So it is easy to join and spend some minutes for translating,
and when someone finds some mistakes in any languages don't
blame the translator - just be productive and fix it yourself!

Any ideas how to make the english article better?

And that OpenMoko will be found by Wikipedia users,
we can gives OpenMoko some links inside the wikipedia
for every languages at pages that makes sence like:
"WhatLinkshere"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Whatlinkshere/OpenMoko

     * Symbian OS
     * Smartphone
     * Embedded Linux
     * Open source hardware
     * List of smartphones
     * TuxPhone
     * Openmoko (redirect page)
     * Neo1973 (redirect page)

Mentioned on Symbion OS page? See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian_OS

Maby this is not a neutral way to link OpenMoko,
IMHO it is better to have less links from other
articles but un-disputed.

BTW Whats the role of OpenEmbedded for OpenMoko?

So suggestion: let us first make the linking of the english
version better, and then use this linking ideas for other
languages.

A list which is growin as well is:
http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/Translation :)

At last the list of translated wikipedia articles could
grow with (Afrikaans),Hebrew,(Japanese) and Turkish.

This OpenMoko project makes much fun ;)

Cheers,
rob