Jabber & Push-to-talk

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 1 17:55:54 CET 2007

to, 2007-02-01 kello 09:22 -0600, Paul Jimenez kirjoitti:
> I think a good Jabber client could totally supplant MMS - it support
> file transfers, which is all MMS really does (I think), as well as
> things MMS never dreamed of like encryption and presence and etc.

Mmh. And come to think of it, perchance push-to-talk could be slapped on
Jabber as well (as all it really is is exchange of small, heavily
[speex?]-compressed audio files).

(Aside; it will be nice if there will be MMS support at some point,
perhaps from indie sources, but I don't think it's that essential
either, especially at this point. Better to think up improved
alternatives with the IP connectivity, as Sean indicated.)

--
Mikko Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki