data encryption + Biometric security

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Thu Feb 1 21:13:32 CET 2007

On technical grounds, different biometric sensors certainly exhibit
variable resistance to tampering (or fooling in this case); however, a
constant in this area for several years is the lack of information
provided by manufacturers themselves concerning the limits of their
devices's security. (Note that this is not limited to the field of
biometry.)
 However, I hope you understand the low trust that informed users need
to apply by "default" due to the lack of realism in manufacturers
marketing. That's probably unfortunate for both of them btw.

Rodolphe