Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding theMessaging Support in OpenMoko

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Feb 2 14:13:32 CET 2007

On 02/02/07, Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch> wrote:
> On Friday 02 February 2007 13:43:52 Dave Crossland wrote:
> > For the recipients who are on Jabber (such as Jabber conversant
> > phones) this is a good idea. For everyone else, MMS as the least
> > preferred but available option is quite neccessary.
>
> Tho I do wonder how much GPRS traffic it would generate to constantly be
> connect to a Jabber server?

I imagine that low bandwidth proxies will emerge for all kinds of
protocols both as the developed-world power users like OpenMoko owners
want cheap omnipresence, and as the developing world wants to make
best use of very limited bandwidth available.

www.loband.org is a web proxy that does this, designed for the 3rd
world, and I use it on my mobile often.

--
Regards,