Voice over GPRS?

ROB rob at borfo.com
Fri Feb 2 17:37:59 CET 2007

Bit rate=sampling rate x bit depth

1kb/s isn't going to get you too much audio.  Try encoding an mp3 at
1kb/s to see how audible that would be.  I think you'd be looking at
something more along the lines of 32-64kb/s to get anything that you
could understand.  It might be easier to make a phone call.
Conveniently enough, I think the device will have that capacity as
well.