Posibility to get status informations with the help of a LED

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Sat Feb 3 19:22:16 CET 2007

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer writes:
>>> This is true, no LED.
>> Which is utterly sad, given I'm such a big fan of Blinkenlights...
>>
>> Trying to make sure we get a couple of multicolor LEDs in v2 ;)
>
> Much as I love flashing lights (there's just something *wrong* when my
> ethernet hub looks more like a computer than my computers do!), I'd
> much rather get more hardware buttons.  Wiring application launching
> to the buttons on my Palm is really, really nice.

Personally I'd like high brightness RGB LEDs on the underside and top of
each corner.
In practice, one on the front and one on the back would just about do.
Multicolour would be very nice.

I would trade this all away for a thumbstick, especially a proportional one.
I have in other places raised the idea of a tiny backlit spot on the
display.
This is an extra LED, separate from the normal backlight, that lights up
a patch 10mm*10mm or so.