Handy application ideas

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Sun Feb 4 15:15:44 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 22:34:10 Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> 2007/2/2, kkr <kkr22.mpt56 at bluewin.ch>:
> > ...Because, I presume that the thief will do very quickly a hard reset.
>
> There is no such thing like "restore to factory default" in Neo1973.
> What you load to flash memory, will remain there.

That's why "restore to factory default" will likely mean: "reflash the
firmware".

Now your average cell phone thief will probably not manage that right away.
Maybe a feature could be added that before reflashing (for which there is
legitimate use on an OSS phone), the phone tries everything to contact its
owner with GPS coordinates?