enviroment friendly development for v2?

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 22:52:13 CET 2007

Robert Michel writes:

>> >First I was comparing mobil phones, second, because the touchscreen
>> >has no mechanical parts, I think it is possible to produce this
>> >touchscreen in a way, that >> 80% are usable in 40 years.
>>
>> Resistive touchscreens do have the eqivalent of a mechanical part:
>You are right about resistive touchscreens, but
>will the Neo not have an optical touchscreen?
>Or is the v1/v2 without multitouch?

I thought I saw an earlier post on this list confirming that V1 will
use a resistive, single-touch-only screen.  The wiki confirms that
it's single-touch (but doesn't describe the technology).

Near as I can tell, there's been *no* information from FIC on the V2;
everything about it has been speculation.