Hardware changes between phases ?

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Sat Feb 10 02:44:46 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 18:38 +0000, Ian Stirling wrote:

> I haven't seen an answer to something that I've been wondering about.
>
> Are the numbers of P1 phones fixed - is it a batch of n, or are they
> coming off a production line that's later flashing most of them to
> some
> proprietary OS.
> In other words, will it be possible to order one even if you miss the
> first few days.

We can make as many as you guys can buy...but there could be delays in
meeting demand if we don't predict the volume correct from the start.
The longest lead time of component of the device is the screen. This is
about 6 weeks and is about the length of the delay if we totally blow
this demand estimate.

We should have enough of these come phase 1 time, but hopefully you guys
can prove us wrong ;-)

-Sean