Another possibility for getting subsidized neo?

Derek Pressnall dpressnall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 18:37:25 CET 2007

It has been brought up previously that the only way to get the neo
into the larger market is if we could get one of the major carriers to
sell it as a subsidized phone.  Well, there is another option to the
main carriers...
There are a bunch of third-party dealers that get a $250 subsidy
whenever they sign up a new customer, of which they will usually apply
the bulk of it towards the purchase price of a phone.  This isn't
limited to the carrier-branded phones, as I've seen them offer the
same discounts on any unlocked GSM phone with a new account
activation.  So, all we have to do is convince one of these
third-parties to start carrying the neo, and then we have a chance of
convincing a larger number of people to get them since they can get it
subsidized just like ther carrier-branded phones.