gmail users CC'ing

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Feb 13 13:26:23 CET 2007

Hi,
Why so many people who believe in the ideals put forward by the Neo/Openmoko
project are happy to use Gmail astounds me... It's not because Google do the
summer of code and have Chris Dibona and most of the talented OS developers
on their staff that there is anything free or open about them. They'll own
your mind if you let them.

Anyway, aside from that minirant, is it possible when sending mail from Gmail
to not CC loads of people in the meantime?
I'm not sure if this is inherent to the way the gmail client works, but maybe
someone could document on the wiki how gmail can be setup so it doesn't send
everything double?
I get CC's on mails I never sent, and it's not that big of a deal, but gets
kind of annoying having loads of mails coming in twice.

That's all meant in the nicest possible way, and if that's just the way Gmail
works, then fine - I can live with it.

cheers,

Richard