And please use a emailclients with working "Reference" Re: gmail users CC'ing

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Feb 13 13:57:54 CET 2007

Salve Richard, *!

I full agree with you! But dubbel mails from gmail is IMHO
not the worst - it is starting new threads with every answer
be not using working "Referneces" or "In-Replay-To"....

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Richard Bennett wrote:

> Hi,
> Why so many people who believe in the ideals put forward by the Neo/Openmoko
> project are happy to use Gmail astounds me...

tzz, locking forward to have more ICT freedom with OpenMoko/Neo1973
but wasting personal freedom and privatcy by using the datacollecting
monster google....

>A nyway, aside from that minirant, is it possible when sending mail from
> Gmail  to not CC loads of people in the meantime?

The gmailers here on the list are also _rowdily_ by not using an
emailclient with supporting working "References" :((
Maybe they are so ICT unskilled that they do not know that good
emailcinets support threading for efficient and civilised communication.

So either someone of the gmail guys explains the other gmail ICT-noobs
how to use an emailclient for a civilised participtation on a
mailinglist, or I will gooing filter all mails comming from gmail.com.
(Gmail users seems to become what AOL users has been known for)

Nice hints like:
S: Small hint:
    Your Email hasn't a working "References:" or "In-Reply-To:"
    in its header, so no email client could put it into the
    right thread. Please check if you can answer with
    "Referneces".

Seems not to be understood or respected.

****Sorry for my hard words,*****
but as we known there are over 800 people on the list and a mailinglist
without respecting References in the emailheader will making an
unneccessary mess in our inboxes, but also on the webarchives.

So when you are using gmail and you know how to use gmail
civilised on a mailinglist, please explain other gmailers
how to do so....

Which gmail user can help?

Thank you :))
rob