This explains the CC'ing but what's about the missing references? Re: Sorry... Re: And please use a emailclients with working "Reference" Re: gmail users CC'ing

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:11:21 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Robert Michel <openmoko at robertmichel.de> wrote:
> Salve hank!
>
> This explains the CC'ing.
>
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, hank williams wrote:
>
> > I just read the other email which started this discussion about gmail
> > and think I understand the problem.
> >
> > The problem is with the list.
> >
> > I am on 15 tech mailing lists, and this is the only one which, if I in
> > gmail say "reply to" replys to the sender and not to the list.
> >
> > I ****NEVER*** want to reply to the individual when responding to a
> > post on the list.
>
> Never say never - I would not call it "the problem is with the list"
> I would call "the problem is with the user not looking who they are
> sending an email".

If you want the default behavior to be one that encourages the least
likely intended result then you are right. In fact, perhaps the
default should always be to send the email to George Bush, and then
you can just change it to who you really intend!

But seriously, the point is that default behavior matters. It should
default to the most commonly needed situation, not an edge condition.
This is the way *all* my other 14 mailing lists work.

> Back to the brocken threads - this is not explaining why
> some gmail users hasn't a proper emailheader with working
> "Reference". Does you have an idea for this as well?

As I said in the other thread, I cant speak to what might go wrong
with some incorrect setting in apple mail combined with gmail.

Regards,
Hank