Sorry... Re: And please use a emailclients with working "Reference" Re: gmail users CC'ing

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:02:00 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Reid Thompson <Reid.Thompson at ateb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 10:02 -0500, hank williams wrote:
> > hmm... guess those Google guys aren't smart enough to handle mail "the
> > better way". With your way, even if you change the subject it would be
> > part of the same thread.
> I believe that is proper --> to remain part of the same thread.  To
> create a new thread, start with a new email -- do not reply to a current
> thread with an altered subject.

Well, it depends on how you define "proper". Again, to me this is
about user interface, and what is expected behavior. I dont think your
average (non-programmer) would think that a new message with a
different subject would be in the same thread. More importantly, the
interface revolution in gmail is the grouping of threads by
subject.This is one of the reasons that so many people love gmail. It
makes what used to be a much more complicated thing much easier to
follow. I think people are voting with their email accounts and by
this measure people in mailing lists *love* the gmail design. The high
percentage of gmail use vs aol or hotmail or outlook or whatever is no
coincidence.

Regards,
Hank