New Topic: Community List Privacy Concerns

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Thu Feb 15 02:24:40 CET 2007

Sven Neuhaus wrote:
>> anyone can view the "list archives" which include our
>> emails with each post. Is there a way that the archives could be
>> Subscriber-Only? I would feel a bit more secure that only 845 people can
>> access my name and email.
>>

> There is more than one public archive for this list. Hiding your
> e-mail-address is not an option in this scenario.

I'd add that public archives of mailing lists can be very helpful to
non-subscribers looking for information that was conveyed on that list.

I regularly find answers to questions in the public archives of mailing
lists that I'm not subscribed to (and would never know to subscribe to
if I didn't find their archives on Google).

-myk