openmoko and pre-paid cards

Sam Kome sam.kome at motricity.com
Fri Feb 16 22:31:24 CET 2007

Hey all,

Doing a little research on howardforums...looks like it's possible to
get GPRS access with pre-paid on T-Mobile. At least on certain devices.
I looked at the Tmobile configurator (for lack of a better term) and of
course it has a fixed list of devices, but I bet that has to do with
user agent profiles (at least for port 80), which can be spoofed.

I have seen similar info about Cingular/AT&T.

"Again, I am PREPAID and do NOT have any data plan and this is working
for me"  --
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1089243&page=3&pp=15&highlight=
tmobile+internet

Hope this helps.