Wifi again

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sat Feb 17 12:56:16 CET 2007

2007/2/17, t3st3r <t3st3r at mail.ru>:

> Alessandro Iurlano wrote:
> >>
> > Neo1973 will have a USB interface capable of connecting to a WiFi
> > adapter.
> >
> Sounds like a joke. Can you imagine someone using this solution? Except
> very few (most hardcore) geeks on the planet. Let's remember: mobile
> phone is a PORTABLE device. Bunch of wires from USB hub + hub + usb
> adapter will at least make this thingie hardly usable as, er... phone.
>
> P.S. As for me, I'm still do not understand, why there is no WI-FI built
> in. This is a BIG hardware design mistake IMHO. Linux without network is
> something like North Pole without snow. And the only somehow popular
> networking in public places is WI-FI.

There has been many disscussion on the lists about not includin wifi in
Neo1973. To sum up: first, there was no hardware available at the time of
designing phone; second, you have bluetooth instead.

Remember that this is first phone - if designers were told to put wifi,
camera, accelerometers etc in first phone they simply would've never finish
their design in time.

cayco