Copyrights in the wiki

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Sun Feb 18 02:54:56 CET 2007

On 2/17/07, denis <denis at planet-standard.de> wrote:
> I got a question. Is it allowed to post screenshots from MacOS
> applications and use them as a reference for the layout and look of the
> phone?
> For example here:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Date_%26_Time_Preview

I would recommend against it. The wiki clearly states:

Please note that all contributions to OpenMoko are considered to be
released under the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2 (see
Project:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be
edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it
here.
You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it
from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT
COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Had it been in Wikipedia I would have expected a FairUse banner on these images.

If you can make your own mockup using free software I would say: Go for it.

/Ole