Content from the old wiki to the new wiki

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Sun Feb 18 22:58:54 CET 2007

On 2/18/07, Richard Bennett <richard.bennett at skynet.be> wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2007 17:19, Ole Tange wrote:

> > I would think it might be better put under
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Current_events
> Except that that page is not linkled from the front page, that I can see.

Look at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page The navigation bar on
the left hand side.

> Could the Current_events page be set to show its 5 first items on the
> frontpage ?  (I'd use the views module if this was Drupal).

That would be neat. However, I have never seen that done in MediaWiki.
It might, however, be possible. If you find a solution, let me know.

> > Events are typically date centered. Would it be feasible to change all
> > event titles, so they start with the start date in ISO8601:
> > YYYY-MM-DD? Then the category page would show events in calendar
> > order.
> > 2007-02-23 FOSDEM
> > 2007-03-15 Pingwinaria 2007
> I tried that, by moving the current page, but the category links don't get
> updated, and I moved the main page first by accident (and moved it back), so
> in the end I left it like that.

Could you elaborate with a few links so I can reproduce the problem you see?

> > > The Search function doesn't seem to work at all.
> >
> > That is a bad bug report.
> If you search for NEO you get no results, so I thought it didn't work at all.

There are no pages that contain the word NEO, that is why you get no results.

However, if you search for a word that _does_ exist, it actually
works. E.g. I just entered 'warning' and clicked 'Search' and I find
10 pages that contain the word 'warning'.

/Ole