Warranty on phase 1 phones

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Tue Feb 20 16:01:04 CET 2007

* Ole Tange <openmoko.org at tange.dk> [070220 14:52]:
> On 2/20/07, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 17:32 -0800, Pranav Desai wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any warranty on phase 1 phones ? If the screen is bad, some
> >> input ports don't work, etc. what will be the process then ?
> >
> >Of course we'll have a warranty ;-)
> >
> >I'm not sure of the exact terms at this point. Probably something
> >standard like 1 year.
>
> Which in EU will translate to 2 years if sold in EU (as per EU legislation).
Or as a sarcastic to 6 months (where the seller has to prove the
defect was not there when the item was sold). After 6 months, the
buyer needs to prove that the defect has been already there when the
item was sold.

Actually, that's only the implied warranty (Gewährleistung in German),
while FIC is free to grant an express warranty (Garantie) of one year
if they like.

Andreas