Forums Page?

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Tue Feb 20 18:29:05 CET 2007

mathew davis writes:
>Hi I am kind of new to mailing lists so forgive me if I am steping on
>anyones toes.
>
>I am used to working with forums more than mailing lists and find them to be
>a little easier for newcomers to work with than mailing lists.  Is there a
>plan for a forum?  I think that it may not be as important to have a forum
>now as it will say when the phone is released and there will be a lot more
>people trying to find more organized data.  I have given this just a little
>thought and some input from more experianced people would be welcome.  Here
>is the layout that I have though could work.

<snip specifics>

FWIW, I don't find forums any more useable than mailling lists.  On
the other hand, wikis seem to end up with lots of the sort of thing
you're asking for, and are somewhat "self-organizing."  There is a
wiki for openmoko, at

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page

which seems to have a lot of what you're looking for (a lot of the
discussion on the various mailling lists seems to end up getting
distilled into wiki articles).