Forums Page?

Sam Kome sam.kome at motricity.com
Tue Feb 20 21:13:57 CET 2007

Sorry to bend the thread a little, but I wanted to respond to Andreas'
T9 comment. My position is neutral; T9 seems to work well for some
people and some purposes, not so well for others.

These folks did a decent usability test that should be useful to
consider when designing the onscreen keypad/board.  It compares T9 to
Fastap:
(You'll want a new-fangled browser)

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/video_fastap/

Conclusion: T9 has a steeper learning curve but is more efficient for a
new user.

I think the Fastap layout sacrifices familiarity to conserve space.
What should work better (imo, ymmv) with an onscreen input is a quick
way to flip between a numeric keypad and a qwerty/configurable keyboard.