Wiki Editing Guidelines

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Wed Feb 21 10:31:42 CET 2007

Harald Welte skrev:
> This is really important not to confuse users.  Imagine somebody
> googling for "GSM Phone" and "Wifi" and he ends up in our wiki on a page
> that describes what wonderful things you can do with wifi on an [not
> explicitly marked as imaginary] OpenEZX phone.  Now that person buys a
> device, to only then find out that this is some wishlist/dream of
> somebody.

It's even more complicated... OpenMoko being a distribution. An idea may
or may not be implemented in the distribution. May demand some hardware
features of the device. Finally, different devices that physically have
those features may or may not have these feature supported in the
distribution.

Marking things wishlist is a start, but listing needed hardware features
is nest step, and when it matures and start being implemented, listing
supported devices may be a good idea.

But maybe a list of OpenMoke supported devices and what features are
supported for those devices can replace a list of supported device for
each application/idea.

/LaH