GPS time synch

Cedric BAIL cedric.bail at free.fr
Wed Feb 21 14:37:23 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 14:39, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org> writes:
> >>
> >> yes.
> >
> > That is only during GPS being powered up, of course. We probably don't
> > want it to be powered unconditionally, since it drains quite some
> > power.
>
> Out of curiosity, how bad is the GPS power drain? There are
> applications I would like (such as automatically turning the ringer
> back on when the phone is inside my home -- I always forget to do that
> and miss calls) that require location information at reasonably
> frequent intervals...

For that kind of use, the CellID could be used to know if your are near your
home, and you can power up the GPS at this time to know more precisely where
you are.
	I wonder if we can retrieve from the GSM the current preferred CellID, or the
list of available CellID and other info regarding our current location inside
the GSM network (without activating GPS, we can learn in which country we are
with some of this information).

Cedric